TypeLink is a cloud-based personal wiki notepad. What does that mean?
- Cloud-based: Your data isn't stored on your computer or smartphone--it's stored on typelink.net's servers. This means you can get access to your data instantly from anywhere you have internet access. There's no need to copy files back and forth, or to run lengthly synchronizations.
- Personal: TypeLink is first and foremost for you. You have your own space to work with, and nobody can see your information unless you want them to. Of course, it's also very easy to allow other people to edit your pages, or to make a page public and share it with the world!
- Wiki: TypeLink is a wiki, which means it consists of a series of interlinked pages. Each page has a title, and any time you type a page's title, it becomes a link to that page. This makes it very easy to set up your information in a way that's easy to use, without having to learn complicated markup languages or syntax.
- Notepad: TypeLink is for storing any information you could imagine. Don't keep all your data in separate apps that can't interact. Keep your contact info, task lists, notes, brainstorms, and links in TypeLink, and organize it how it makes sense to you.
How does TypeLink allow you to organize information easily?
- It's easy because it's all in one place. Using traditional apps, for a single project you might have one app with a contact info list, another app with a task list, another app with a project plan, another with requirements, and another with meeting notes. With TypeLink, you can keep all this information in one place, and organize it however you like.
- It's easy because TypeLink creates links for you. This makes it easier for you to get to your information without you needing to think about it. If you type the name of a task in a meeting note, it links to the task. If you type a person's name, it links to their contact information.
- It's easy because you can get to it from anywhere. You can create a page on your desktop computer, then pull it up on your smartphone immediately. If you're away from your computer, you can pull up a page of yours on their computer, using TypeLink's easy-to-remember web addresses. If you've shared the page publicly, you don't even need to log in!
- It's easy because you don't need to think about how you're going to use the information. TypeLink is your one place to take notes. If, while you're taking the notes, you decide that other people would be interested in them, just a few clicks will allow you to share it to others for editing, or share it to the world for viewing. And this sharing happens on a page-by-page basis, so it won't share other notes you want to keep private.
Interested? Not sure what all that means? Here are some resources to help you find out more:
- Advantages - What does TypeLink have that other tools don't?
- What To Use TypeLink For
- Ideas for how you can use TypeLink at home
, work, school, and church
- Sample - A sample account you can browse to see exactly what it would look like to keep your info in TypeLink
- A video walkthrough of how to use TypeLink
- Sign up for the TypeLink Beta